Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

I'm trying to replace the center console armrest in my

Customer Question

I'm trying to replace the center console armrest in my Ridgeline. I can't figure out how to pull out the original part. I've unscrewed all the screws but it doesn't want to come off. Any suggestions?
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2010 ridgeline. The replacement part that I got through the Honda parts is called a "pad assembly." Part No. 83440-SJC-A02ZF
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've lifted the armrest and unscrewed all the screws including at the hinge, but it still doesn't come off
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The old pad will lift off of the assembly partially but does not come completely off. I don't want to force it for fear of breaking something. Is there a release or another screw I havene't found yet?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

Did you remove the rear cover on the console and remove the 3 screws there? There are also 3 "hooks" holding in on.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The replacement part is only the armrest pad. Don't see any reason to remove anything but that part
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

i am unable to upload the instructions from my work computer but will do that for you when I get home.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Steve replied 5 months ago.

This link should take you the page on how to remove the pad. You might be able to do it on the vehicle but it might be easier to see what you are doing with it off.

http://www.dropbox.com/s/n8awa2dgubk6rna/ridgeline%20arm%20rest.pdf?dl=0