Kavey
Kavey, Shop Owner
Experience:  General Repair Shop Owner
66997337

I have a 2015 Honda Fit LX, and lately it has been making a

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Honda Fit LX, and lately it has been making a flapping/thumping noise that increases with the speed of the car. It is unnerving, to say the least.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be helping you today.

How are the rest of the tires?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
As far as I can tell, they are fine. A couple of days ago I filled them all to the prescribed psi (33), and they look fine. I had an incident several months ago that caused two tires to go flat. I was told at that time that I needed to have the tire pressure warning readjusted, because it was too sensitive. I have. Not done so yet-no time-so I have just ignored the symbol since then. That is why I got the most recent flat-I let the pressure get too low. However, the noise began a couple of weeks before the flat. I assumed it would go away when the tire was replaced. It did not, and it is very disturbing.
Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

From your description of the noise it sounds like another bad tire.

Have you checked all the other tires to make sure they are properly inflated, not chopped up, no chunks missing, etc?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

Have you checked the tires for runout?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Kavey,
I'm sorry I haven't responded to your questions, but I have a friend who put it on his lift. The undercarriage shield was broken. When they removed it, the sound was gone. I plan to ask Honda if it is covered by the warranty, then get it replaced, but the car is fine, for now.
Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

Thats a curveball,

I would have thought that would have been caught when they were staring at it removing a tire.

Anyway good luck with the warranty. It will most likely be called "abuse" and not fall under warranty since usually when its broken its from pulling up on curbs that it rubs on.

Anyway let me know if you need anything further and please be sure to rate my service so I get credit for helping you. Thanks

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Well, the friend who put it up on the lift was the one who replaced the tire, so you were right about that. I have called Honda, and they think it should be covered under the warranty. I plan to take it to the Honda dealership in Huntington for this , and for two recall fixes it needs sometime next week.
Expert:  Kavey replied 5 months ago.

Good luck with it.

Is there anything else I can help you with?