Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

I need some guidance or at least know what to expect and how

Customer Question

I need some guidance or at least know what to expect and how difficult this might be. I have a 2011 Honda Odyssey and the VSA light is on. I know the traction control is not working because this past winter it would not engage while trying to move my car in an icy driveway. I have the Honda Factory service manuals and I also purchased one of those made in China Honda computer diagnostic device knock offs. Let's just assume the Honda diagnostic works correctly ( I'll assume this because of the reviews the device has gotten, it uses the actual Honda diagnostic software). Anyway I see that in order to properly troubleshoot the VSA at least according to the factory manual I need to get the diagnostic code. Looking at the parts for the VSA there looks like there are speed sensors, magnetic encoders, and the VSA modular control unit. Can I just focus on these components when troubleshooting this problem? In other words are their any other components that I should be looking at as well that I did not just list? Any other advice or info would be appreciated. To be honest I could live without the VSA as I also own a Subaru, but I figured the van is now paid off now and I like to tinker with my cars. :)
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am a master ASE tech.

You need to get the codes is order to diagnose this problem. Once you retrieve all dtc's from the brake and vsa module, let me know and I will be able to help you along with this.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks... I will try to get them in the next couple of days.
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Great, let me know what you come up with.

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Have you had a chance to get the codes?

Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Dan again, hoping you are satisfied with my service.

Could you please rate the answer, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!