Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

We may have accidentally activated the immobilizer and

Customer Question

We may have accidentally activated the immobilizer and engine won't start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No. Battery is 2 as is the car
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: We we're loading car for A vacation. The doors stopped working, the engine won't turn over and car beeping . when we depress the brake and push start, there is a single click, won't turn over and dash won't light . smart enrtyy and immobilizericons litr briefly
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Pressing brake and pushing start button. Pushing button without brake.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: Tried with both fpbs
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

Before trying anything else you should try jump starting it or charging the battery. Your detailed description sounds like the battery went dead while you were loading it up. Single click is a sign of a dead battery so is the dead dash lights and door locks. I would have the battery tested after you get it started on your way out. Most auto parts stores will test it for free.

Just a friendly reminder to click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please at least say you are happy or satisfied. This is how I get paid by the site for my time so it's very important.

Thank you,