Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

I have all lights on truck, 2006 Honda ridgeline, but only

Customer Question

I have all lights on truck, 2006 Honda ridgeline, but only have running lights coming out of trailer connector. I had a faulty bulb in trailer changed it out, had running lights on and 4 ways wires touched. The plastic separator broke in the process now I have no turn signals or brake lights, but do have running lights checked all fuses, all ok, please help thanks Mitch
JA: Have you checked the bulb? Could it be a faulty fuse?
Customer: I have no power at the trailer connector on truck, checked with test light, but do have power in running lights hole
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checked all fuses and connectors on truck. Just thought there might be a fuse in line I do not know about.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: Such as?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 4 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

Do you have the factory installed accessory wiring?

Did you look in the auxiliary under-hood fuse box? 7.5a fuses #1 and #8?

If all of the fuses are OK the trailer light control unit must have been damaged. It's up under the dash drivers side(see image). I have seen it happen a few times in the past so if the fuses are OK it must be bad.

Just a friendly reminder to click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please at least say you are happy or satisfied. This is how I get paid by the site for my time so it's very important.

Thank you,