HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

1990 civic 1.5 dual point injection, won't start. Has spark

Customer Question

1990 civic 1.5 dual point injection, won't start. Has spark all 4 plugs, is getting fuel. Fuel pump pressure ok and injectors resistance ok. Just stopped running while driving. Even with spark, i checked coil and igniter, check ok. Anything you can think of?
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Engine turns over fine. Battery 1 year.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, I've worked around various cars most of my life and ran a repair shop.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Went through check of distributer, coil and igniter and have spark at all 4 wires. Fuel pump is working and injectors working
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: It ran like a jem until now. Timing belt replaced 2 months ago, checked TDC and rotor is point at correct terminal, so it didn't move.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!