Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I purchase replacement keys fromm ebay 2011 Accord V6. The

Customer Question

I purchase replacement keys fromm ebay for my 2011 Accord V6. The remote is programmed in two new keys and the lock works. However the green key light is on and the motor does not start. Where I live we do not have Honda service nearby. Can you help?
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: The engine works fine with the old key (with a broken remote).
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I programmed the remote but I have to go around with the old key and the new remotes.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

If you don't have a dealer close by you will need to call a mobile locksmith or go to your local locksmith shop.. They can come to you if needed and do the immobilizer key programming.

Just a friendly reminder to click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please at least say you are happy or satisfied. This is how I get paid by the site for my time so it's very important.

Thank you,

~Cliff

Most locksmiths today are capable of performing key programming.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need instructions to do it myself if possible

It's not possible without a handheld programing tool and the immobilizer code from the dealer. Locksmiths can bypass the code but they use a special tool.

Sorry but it's s anti-theft device so it's not a do-it-yourself procedure.

Thanks again,

~Cliff