Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Should I replace the ECM on my 2003 Honda Accord EX V-6. I

Customer Question

Should I replace the ECM on my 2003 Honda Accord EX V-6. I have the following codes:
P2122, P2127, P2228, P2627, P2630, P0107, P0117, P0112,P0452.
Drive light flashes, temperature gauge goes to hot, engine light is on and engine has no power and seems to be in low gear or brake is applied.
any advice is needed.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose).

Which code did you diagnose and come up with test results indicating the ECM is faulty?

Have you done the tests for these codes? If not do you need those tests?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Listed above are the codes that I receive on my OBD Diagnostic tool. I done think all the sensor are bad.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't think all the sensors are bad

Thanks for the update.

You asked earlier "should you replace the ECM"

No, so far there is not enough information to declare the ECM is to blame. We would need to at least do all of the diag steps for at least one or a couple of the codes to make sure there is a not a sensor or wiring issue. If all issues happened at once then likely each issue is related.

Please make sure to select a rating from the top of your screen prior to logging off so the post does not time out.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 5 months ago.

Hello again Chris here,

I am contacting you because the post has not been closed or rated. We have 7 days to get a post rated before it times out. When a post times out, that means its no longer on my active list (if you reply I never know it.) You have already paid the fees to get this question answered, but it appears your not pleased, or need more help.

Let me help some more. Is there anything else you feel I could offer so you would be pleased with my help. I have the option to call you if that would be better.

Thanks Chris