Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech 34 years.

2007 odyssey touring edition, passenger side door works on

Customer Question

2007 odyssey touring edition, passenger side door works on automatic but not on manual.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I pulled the trim cover off so that I could see the roller assembly in action. On the drivers side, both cables are easy enough to loosen with finger tension, but on the passenger side, the tension on both cables is really high, thus rendering the door unusable in manual mode.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet, just assessing at this point
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you are suspecting the cables are to tight, they can be adjusted . See the adjustment steps in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them.

After you have adjusted them, try performing a reset on the door system. See the reset steps in this link,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This didn't work. Somehow there is no give in the motor. On the drivers side, I can pull on the cable with relative ease and it will retract, not so on the passenger side. This tension on the passenger side cable was not eased by removing the # ***** fuse.
Expert:  Ron replied 4 months ago.

So you where not able to adjust the cable?