justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.

Have 1259 code my fans go on when I turn n the key car will

Customer Question

Have 1259 code my fans go on when I turn n the key car will not go pass 4 k rpm new coolant fan sw new kock sense or two new oil presumes sw did head gasket
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I have been servicing only Honda/Acura vehicles for 9 years. I have seen this problem I think 5 times. You've got the fan switch connector and the VTEC oil pressure switch connector swapped. Just swap them back and you'll be good to go. The first time I saw this it took me a while to figure out. It was a similar situation as you have. The customer had done a head gasket replacement and got the connectors flipped. If you have any more questions just let me know. Thanks!

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!