Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Digital display on 2007 Honda CRV goes bonkers and out when

Customer Question

Digital display on 2007 Honda CRV goes bonkers and blanks out when over 75 degrees outside. Usually resets when it cools off. Now just distorted and it was only 40* when I started care this morning. What could cause this?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

I have seen this exact problem several times over the years working at the dealership. Unfortunately the display itself is bad. The temperature change effects the LCD display fluid. Liquid crystal displays will do this if they are not completely sealed and air(oxygen) contaminates the display. The air is effected by temperature changes so it messes up the display. The other possibility is a bad electronic component that fails when it heats up. The solution(sorry!) is to replace or repair the unit. A wrecking yard or possibly the dealer has a re-manufactured exchange on hand?

Just a friendly reminder to click on the rating scale OK, Good, or Excellent. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please at least say you are happy or satisfied. This is how I get paid by the site for my time so it's very important.

Thank you,

~Cliff