HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2002 Honda CRV trouble code PO661 will it hurt to drive 120

Customer Question

2002 Honda CRV trouble code PO661 will it hurt to drive 120 miles to get home it sees to be running fine
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. How many miles are on the car?
Customer: 185226 new Honda engine at 136241 miles
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: will it to drive 120 miles to get home
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing yet but I have a new intake tuning valve at home this happen about a year ago and I cleared the code and it worked fine and the lite came on again to day but seem to run ok
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: not that I know of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. The P0061 code is for the intake tuning valve. I see that you have run across this code before. How is the CRV running now? Any drive ability issues or does it run/drive normally?