HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

Car won't start.All lights turn on, but no start, no

Customer Question

Car won't start.All lights turn on, but no start, no crank.Turning key does not dim any lights. IG fuse and ignition switch have both been replaced
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: In both park and neutral, same outcome.I don't know whether or not it has wheel lock
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried replacing ignition switch and IG fuse
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: Problem has been happening intermittently for a couple weeks, more frequently now
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Amedee replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with your question.

I have been in the auto repair business for many years and specialize in diagnosing vehicles with problems like this one you are describing. I am confident we can resolve your problem together provided you stick with me and run the necessary tests. Please understand that I don't know your skill level and that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going to do my best to direct you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first to make this as simple as possibly for both of us. I just ask that you provide me with the all of the correct information up front and with the most accurate tests results/information as possible as we move on so that I can point you in the right direction. I would also appreciate a positive rating from you in return for sharing my time and knowledge and expeirence with you in a timely mannner. Even if you rate my answer after the first few replies, we can still continue our conversation at no further cost to you. With that being said, lets get started.

Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!