Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles

Key is flashing on the dash. 2016 Honda oddesy will turn

Customer Question

Green key is flashing on the dash. 2016 Honda oddesy will turn over but not start
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: Yes, battery new like the car. Purchased new from dealer in the last year.
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I turned it off while it was I drive if that helps. It is a new car. We have never had this problem before.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible. Stick at a McDonalds. Would like tiger home.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be assisting you today

do you have 2 keys for it or just one

that green light flashing it is telling you , the antitheft system can not recognize the key , which in turn will disable the igntion and fuel ? so no spark no fuel ?car will turn over but it will not start

are you with car now ?

i have sent you a diagram of the indicator

one will say : Immobilizer System Indicator is this the warning u seen just to be sure .

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am. Walked homeboy the other key, it also doesn't work.

ok lets try a hard reset

if not , then you will need a dealer or diagnostic scanner to retrieve the codes , then I can tell you what is going on

but for now maybe a hard reset will reset the security system

1- Disconnect battery for 10 minutes

2- reconnect battery and see if the blinking light will go away and you can started

please let me know , i'm online till 12 pm

its a new car , it should not have issues yet , how many miles on it ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I fixed it on my own no need to disconnect battery. Just wasn't turned off properly. Double push on the stop button as the manual said got it turned off. Then keys reconnected and both keys work again now.

i m glad that it is working for you , I was just trying to help

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks I appreciate that

I would appreciate if you give me a positive rating since that is how we get compensated

If you ever had another question on this issue you can always come back to this post thru my email reply to you and click on the link to this post and just reply in the box and I will see it .

Good luck

Thank You ***** ( aka -Customer )

ASE Certified Tech