sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I lost my key and all I have is a spare that won't start my

Customer Question

I lost my key and all I have is a spare that won't start my car I can only unlock it I need to get the bypass code so I can go and get a real key my vin# ***** ***** . It is a 2001 accord
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Yes I have always seen this little green light but didn't realize what it is for
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: No I just need to be able to drive to the dealer it is an expensive tow from my home
JA: OK! The Honda Mechanic will help you with the diagnostics so you are sure to get this fixed right. Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: Other than this it is the best car I have ever had I'm going to drive it until the wheels fall off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 6 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that your question has been up for an extended time without a response and while although I'm unable to help in the capacity you were hoping I wanted to post to let you know why.

Manufacturers' corporate policies require that proof of vehicle ownership is verified in person to release a security system code, and they aren't to be posted in public venues such as this. Due to the length of time your question has been up without a response I believe that either no experts currently on the site have access to obtain the code or noone feels comfortable posting it here.

What you'll want to do is see your dealer with the VIN and proof of ownership and as long as their internal security policy allows they'll be able to give you the code.