Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

The Check engine light and reduced power came on today : it

Customer Question

The Check engine light and reduced power came on today
JA: Does the light stay on solid or does it flicker? Any noticeable performance problems lately?
Customer: it stayed solid
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: 2001 Honda Passport
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We have checked the gas cap and we replaced that before, and I recently had the transmission flushed
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I know there is a small leak in the transmission
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 8 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

Do you have any auto parts stores close by? They can check the code(s) to see what has failed or might be wrong for free. If you want to do this then come back here and give me the code information? The codes start with the letter P and are followed by 4 digits. I have extensive Passport experience and training so I can help you. There are hundreds of code possibility's so guessing isn't an option. If you would like to speak on the phone just let me know or when the site offers a call accept if you would like to speak to me directly.

Thank you,

~Cliff

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
P1125

Sorry for the delay and thanks for the code info. P1125 Throttle position (TP) motor – fail safe mode. This code usually means the throttle valve motor or it's internal sensor has failed. This motor controls the throttle(accelerator) position. The sensor assembly is a good place to start. It's under $70 and fairly easy to replace.

~Cliff ~Honda-Man

~Cliff ~Honda-Man