justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

It's a Honda 2009 Pilot EXL, 3.5L 6cyl. Tranny fluid is

Customer Question

It's a Honda 2009 Pilot EXL, 3.5L 6cyl. Tranny fluid is clean and full. Using synthetic 5/20
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I don't see anything in this question about the issue. Can you please tell me whats going on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI, getting codes 0300, 0306, 0305 (misfire) and also the tranny fluid pressure switch 0847. I assume either spark plugs or possible valve adjustment for the former. How serious is the 0847? Should I go ahead and replace the switch?
JA: How many miles are on the car? When was the last time the plugs were changed?
Customer: 115K, not changed since 50K
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: potentially
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: no, behaves fine. Just saw the engine light come on toward the end of a 4 hour highway trip. will check trans fluid in a moment...Light comes on intermittently for a few minutes every 3 daysorso.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.

I agree with you on adjusting the valves only if the spark plugs are in good condition. If this engine has VCM (variable cylinder management) I would pull out a spark plug on the firewall side bank to inspect for oil contamination. This is common on this model. The pressure switch is not an emergency, but does need to be replaced soon. Yes, I would replace the 3rd pressure switch. I will include a link to view the factory part, part number, and pricing. It will be #12 in the parts list. If you have any additional questions about this just let me know. Thanks

You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!

http://www.hondapartsnow.com/genuine/honda~switch~assy~28610-r97-003.html

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.

Any news here? Please remember that I will not get paid until you rate me positively. If you have any more questions about this just let me know. Thanks!

Expert:  justinsbg replied 1 year ago.