Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

07 civic si scanner wont connect with car

Customer Question

Category: Honda
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have tested that pin 16 on the obd2 has 12v and that pin 4 and 5 are grounded
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

Power and grounds are good so if there is no communication power and grounds to the ECM need to be verified. I would also try a different scan tool or make sure it works on a different vehicle. Does it start? What exactly does the check engine light do?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Tryed different scan tools and yes the vehicle runs and drives

So none will communicate? Sounds like a F-CAN communication problem.

If the F-CAN low or high line(s) are grounded or shorted to B+ you will loose communication. A faulty control module that's on one of the F-CAN lines can also short the line. Any aftermarket wiring devices etc tapped into the factory harness can cause problems too. The troubleshooting procedure I have requires the use of the Honda HDS scan tool and software. If it's running there is obviously no power or ground issue to the ECM.

~Cliff ~Honda-Man

Expert:  Honda-Man replied 10 months ago.

~Cliff ~Honda-Man