Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I can't seem to find the speed sensor on my Honda accord :

Customer Question

I can't seem to find the speed sensor on my Honda accord
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The speedometer is not working and the car will not shift passed 2nd gear
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've tried looking for the part, that's all.
JA: Is there anything else the Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: Nope.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

Can I please have the year and trim level of your Accord? DX, LX, EX, V6, etc?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
1994 EX
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
4 cylinder

Thanks, ***** ***** be right back with your requested information.

The vehicle speed sensor is located down on top of the transmission close to the firewall. It has a wiring connector on the top end with 10mm hex bolts holding it onto the adapter. I have included an image and the instructions for replacing it. Click HERE for one from O'Reilly. Speed sensor failure is a fairly common problem with this generation of Accord. Replacing it should solve your problems.

Just a friendly reminder to click on the rating scale OK, Good, Excellent or accept my advice. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please let me know why so I can make sure you are happy. Follow-ups after rating are free.
Thank you,

~Cliff ~Honda-Man