Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database

2005 Honda Accord 6 cylinder, Actron OBD CP9175 code

Customer Question

2005 Honda Accord 6 cylinder, Actron OBD CP9175 code scanner.
Took my Accord to Jiffy Lube to get my oil changed and car has always ran fine with no problems. After the oil change as I drove away it started missing and lost horse power. It ran fine until I was 100 yards from the Jiffy lube then it started running horribly. I flipped back around and asked them to look at it. The key would turn the engine over but it still ran poorly. I left it there for about 3 hours. By the time I picked it up the key would no longer engage the starter. Had it towed to my house, charged the battery and the ignition still will not activate the starter. But, if I take the signal lead off the starter and supply 12 volts to it the engine turns over with no problem. Turned the key to the run position and did the same thing, the car starts and idles for about 3 seconds and shuts off. Also, used my OBD scanner and I had one code ( P1009 ) which is for the VTC system. Tried to start it a second time with the key in the on position and sent 12 volts to the starter and it idled for 5 seconds then shut off. That’s it so far.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Dan replied 4 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** sounds like your ignition switch may be the problem. Remove the starter cut relay on interior fuse box, 2 of the terminal should have at least 12v with key in start position. If not access ignition switch and check white wire for battery volage at all timees and black/white wire for voltge with key in start position. If no voltage on the black/white wire replace ignition switch. You can also make sure none of the fuses are blown specifically the 50 amp fuse in location 23 under hood. Let me know if you have questions, thanks.