Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

My name is ***** ***** I have a 2008 Honda Civic with a no

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have a 2008 Honda Civic with a no start condition We were trying to fix the ac and applied power to one of the wires on the pressure sensor
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The wire with the 5 volt signal, do you think we fried the computer
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mechanics for Honda generally expect a deposit of about $32 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for taking time to ask your Honda question on JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man I will be assisting you. I have over 21 years experience repairing strictly Honda vehicles.

The pressure sensor used in this type of system is not an on off type switch. Older systems used a basic switch you could jump or ground without worry. The 3 wire pressure sensor connects directly to the engine control module. It's a sensitive circuit that doesn't hold up to having power applied or grounded. Basically what I am getting to is the ECM was damaged so now it can't start. You are going to need to replace the ECM and reprogram the keys(immobilizer system) before it will start. Programming needs to be done at the dealer or by a qualified locksmith or repair facility. It's not a do it yourself procedure. Sorry for the bad news, I do see this happen from time to time so don't feel bad. They should have used a fuse to protect the ECM!

Just a friendly reminder to click on the rating scale OK, Good, Excellent or accept my advice. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If for any reason you can't rate now please let me know why so I can make sure you are happy. Follow-ups after rating are free.
Thank you,

~Cliff ~Honda-Man

Diagram

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What's the price range on something like that?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The owner, replaced the ac compressor thinking that was the problem for the ac not working. Once replace still wasn't working so he went ahead and replace the pressure switch.

Sorry for the delay. The ECU from Honda is $422. Programming it at the dealer is usually 1/2 to 1 hour labor so $50-125 depending on the shop rate. Might be able to find on cheaper online? Or send that one out for repair. There are online sites that can repair them.

Thank you,

~Cliff

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you so much for the help, will call the local Honda dealer tomorrow and find out some prices

You are welcome please kindly remember to rate.

Thank you,

~Cliff