HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

My car makes this constant pumping ticking sound. At first

Customer Question

My car makes this constant pumping ticking sound. At first it was just when I would reverse but now it makes it while driving. Some days it's loud.
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I've checked all the fluids and oils and they are all fine. I'm not sure what's causing this sound
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible maybe
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: I recently found out a couple days ago that it has a recall back from 2012 of the power steering pump. I bought the car in October 2013 and I had to replace the pump in a year and then I had to replace the timing belt. I'm really starting to believe it was in an accident but nothing shows up
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Fixitman replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me what kind of car this is?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2006 Honda Accord ex-v6
Expert:  Fixitman replied 6 months ago.

Sorry, for the delay in getting back with you. Did you still need help with this?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Fixitman replied 6 months ago.

Thank you. Does it only make the noise when the vehicle is moving or anytime the vehicle is running? Does it change when moving the steering wheel?