HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

Changed brake pads.loosened bleeder to get calipers back

Customer Question

changed brake pads.loosened bleeder to get calipers back on.needed to screw puck in.now I don't have any pressure.bled brakes with a vacuum bleeder still no pressure.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Genchi Genbutsu replied 10 months ago.

Thank you for allowing me to help you with this concern today and am sorry to hear that this is happening. I will have to ask you a few questions so that I can get a better understanding as to what may be going on with your Rincon.

I think it is safe to say that this "no brake pressure" concern was not present when you started this job. So either we ran into a problem where a component has failed or the work that was done, introduced this problem.

Would you agree?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
brakes worked well before
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
brakes worked well before

Ok, based on my many years of working on cars, the problem will be either that air is still in the system because you open it when loosened the bleeder or the master cylinder went bad because the travel (after you went to pump the brakes up) went to far and "rolled" one on the piston seals.

When you say that you bled the brakes, how did you do this? Using two people---one pumping the brakes while the other opened the bleeder screw? OR by using a brake flush vacuum machine?

Also how many miles are on this Rincon?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we tried both methods hand pumping first.

I see. Now when you got inside the car, did you pump the brakes first or did you bleed the brakes first?

how many miles are on this Rincon?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
the Rincon is an atv with about 7000 miles. the front left lever was pumped with no resistance at all.it also has a foot pedal that has zero pressure now.

I apologize for the confusion, my take would still be about the same. I would still bleed it again and if it doesn't build pressure then a master cylinder is needed. But please allow me to open this to a more experienced Tech in these Rincons so we can get you the best options. Thanks!

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
thank you
Expert:  mike switzer replied 9 months ago.

hi my name is ***** ***** will help you with this. on the Rincon on left brake lever with the reservoir located at the lever? if not can you let me know its location in relation to the lever