Kevin Bourcier
Kevin Bourcier,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Max Air Mobile
83572702

I have a 2009 Honda Civic (4-Door Sedan), and I'm looking to

Customer Question

I have a 2009 Honda Civic (4-Door Sedan), and I'm looking to install a trailer hitch wiring harness, and I'm unsure where to tie it in.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Kevin Bourcier replied 11 months ago.

hello . how are you . I am happy to help you with that

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Great

that is a " plug and play " harness that you have purchased I assume ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not sure how you categorize it, but it's made for Honda Civics of my particular year, its terminated appropriately with "T" connectors, seems pretty straight forward, just really looking for where in the Civic I access the wirebundles with the T connectors.

okay . that is what I wanted to know . in the trunk the rear cover across the back of the interior of the trunk needs to be removed and you will see the plastic connectors for the tail light wiring . Both the right and the left sides

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, so you're talking about the trunk liner, right ? I can remove the plastic screws and the one push pin and get access. Do I just pull the connectors from the rear tail lights, and put in the T connector ? So one for each turn signal, and one the brake light (no revers light I assume) ?

yes , that is correct . you are correct and one ground wire . Be sure to connect the ground

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That's true, yes, need to ground it, I see an open hole on what looks like a seat fame support, just a nut and bolt and the ground wire works there, right ? Also, I know it sound silly but I just need to confirm, the brake light is the upper most light in the assembly, right ? I mean the connector fits so I suppose its idiot proof, but never hurts to check (working on the car along, otherwise that answer would be obvious)

There is never a silly question . The harness is designed to only connect to the appropriate connector . and yes you are right about both the connector and the ground location .

Thanks !