Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I want to remove the middle seat behind the drivers side

Customer Question

I want to remove the middle seat behind the drivers side for more cargo and leg room. How do I access the bolts?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Need more cargo and leg room for a road trip.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: looked for easy access to get to the bolts that hold the seat to the floor.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: No its a 2013 i just bought
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Good morning,

What model is you honda?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
2013
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
There doesn't seem to be much out there on the net. there is one description, but no photos to help. Need a photo or 2 to make it easier.
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

I'm seeing that too. Not much is published. Here is how you remove the middle seat completely. Does this help?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That diagram should help. I may give it a try today. Thanks, ***** ***** good day.
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

Let me know if you need more info.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
It appears this instruction sheet is for the 3rd seat. The middle seat has a much more complicated cover and there are at least 2 bolts to remove. The right rear bolt area has a cover that is rather large and looks to curve over the hinge for the back of the seat. Could not remove the cover. I'm sure there is a way with the right tool and knowledge. Thanks, Bruce
Expert:  Jared D replied 11 months ago.

They list this one for the 3rd seat. Do they have them mislabeled?

Expert:  Jared D replied 10 months ago.

Please don't forget to rate.

Let me know if you need additional information.