HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I have a honda odessye 2002 van. I had a problem with the

Customer Question

I have a honda odessye 2002 van. I had a problem with the fuel pump. while I was driving to work the fuel pump die on me. this happened like three times in two months. it will start again but will shake like there was a dirt filter. While replacing the pump I notice there was dirt in the tank, very little so I cleaned it .It run well for about a month and again the fuel pump die on my way to work. I took the van to a mechanic`s shop. the pump was not running so i got another fuel pump. it did not work he check voltage and was not getting ground at the connector on the fuel pump. He then found that the PCM open the ground to the pump. I got a computer that he program but the pump would n`t run. He check all the grounds and last friday he got it to work. he said that the chip on the key was not sending the right signal. well I picked up the van and about three miles going home the check engine came on and traction light on the dashboard. so I drove back to the mechanic shop. he plugged the computer and it was showing that the oxigen sensor before the catalytic converter was getting low voltage . this never happened before just once when a coil went bad.never had any issues this before so now the van went back to square one the pump is not getting ground when he tries to turn it over. I hope you got an answer to fix this van . I have been borrowing cars to get to work since this happened about three weeks ago. the van has 191000 miles
Category: Honda
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.
hi my name is ***** ***** will try to assist you
I like to ask you a few questions since we dealing with an electrical little complicated issue so I can properly assist you , are you online now ?
Expert:  Amedee replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Did you still need help? Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!