Super mechanic
Super mechanic, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. domestic and imports. Class A collision tech
2947720

2004 Honda "CRV need to, i need to know what relay controls

Customer Question

2004 Honda "CRV need to, i need to know what relay controls the ac compressor and or the condenser fan
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: Ok we had a couple of issues, the car has about 150000 miles on it. The ac compressor had been replaced under warranty.
T
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: sorry didn't finish, we had it to the dealer because it didn't seem to be shifting correctly. We had the transmission serviced, it also had a noise that they couldn't really decide what was causing it. They unhooked the ac and told us the pressure was very high in the ac system. We brought the car home and about a week later the water pump went bad, we had that replaced at our local service station. They werent sure about the ac, but the noise was no longer there. We took the crv back to the dealer and they said the pressure was low. They unhooked or removed a relay, not sure which, they recommended a new ac compressor and condenser fan. At this point i am a bit sceptical about their diagnosis. I asked a friend of mine to check the pressure and the fan to get a second opinion. However he could not get the compressor to kick in when it was charged, He and I think there is a relay pulled out of the underhood fuse box. The dealer said they unhooked it so it wouldn't run. So I am trying to find out what size and the location on the relay in the box before a commit a lot of money just replacing parts.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: No we described everything it was doing and the mech. worked on it most of one morning when they had it in the first time.
A
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.….Both relays are in the under hood relay box, (left side of vehicle) and are numbers 1 and 2. Please see attached diagrams, thanks. Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID **** .
There are some tests that can be done on it as well, thanks
If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,