CHRIS ZAPANTIS
CHRIS ZAPANTIS,
Experience:  AUTO TECH at G&M EXXON
83135375

I turn my key on and the lights come on full power but the

Customer Question

I turn my key on and the lights come on full power but the engine wont turn over
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: yes its park and yes I have a wheel lock feature
JA: What is the model/year of your Honda?
Customer: ACCORD LX2003
JA: What year is your Honda?
Customer: 2003
JA: When was your last tune up?
Customer: LESS THEN A YEAR. YESTERDAY I KEPT THE IGNITION SWITCH ON FOR 10 MINUTES THAN TURNED IT OFF FOR 20 SECONDS THAN IT STARTED BUT WILLNOT TODAY.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: DISCONNECTING THE BATTERY PULLING THE FUEL PUMP FUSE(OK). ITS A SECURITY SYSTEM PROBLEM. HOW DO I DISABLE THE SECURITY SYSTEM?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 8 months ago.
Hello Im Chris and I will assist you.
What engine is in your accord 4 or 6 cylinder? Also verify that the car is automatic and we can take it from there.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
6 cylinder and is a automatic
OK were going to work backwards on this. Go directly to your starter and check for constant power on the big wire. After that get someone to crank the car and check to make sure you are getting a signal(power) to the small wire on your starter. Tell me what happens. If boh powers are there the starter is no good and needs replacement. If no signal we will have to do more testing.