Technicaldan, Technician
Experience:  Accredited

I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX Coupe with a bad wiring

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Honda Accord EX Coupe with a bad wiring harness in the door. I can't get the old harness in the door jam to release, any suggestions?
Category: Honda
Expert:  Technicaldan replied 5 months ago.
They can be an absolute pain unfortunately.It seems you're releasing the lock, rather than pulling can you pull and go round in a circular motion at the same time, there is such a thing as plastic lubricant if it helps but it can depend if the pins are corroded.Last one I done, I cut the wiring off close to where it comes into the door, matched the wires up to the replacement loom and soldered them together.That only helps if the fault wasn't in the plug or close by though.If things are bad, you might need a donor pillar socket and get it soldered in.