justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.

Aloha Pearl, can you help me with my engine stalling

Customer Question

Aloha Pearl, can you help me with my engine stalling problem?
JA: Whether it's at the end of the driveway or on the highway, a car stalling can be dangerous. The good news is the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with all kinds of engine issues. How old is the battery? Does the car stall out mainly when going up or down hills?
Customer: it stalls after the engine goes into closed loop
JA: Got it. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: coolant temp sensors replaced and radiator replaced. Now engine stalls engine warms up (going into closed loop).
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, I am trouble shooting issue...
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: the radiator failed. so I replaced radiator then engine would stall after warm up.
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: so I did some research which lead me to replace the coolant temp sensors. after that the engine still stalls when it goes into closed loop.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 5 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Can you please provide the vehicle details such as make, model, and year? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
All good now Justin, I changed the distributor and it works fine now...
Alright, thanks! Hey, if you are happy with my response time please rate me positively. If I can be of any more help just let me know and I will answer any further questions about anything else you might want to know. Thanks!