Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

Sure is there a bench test I can do to test the IAB solenoid

Customer Question

sure is there a bench test I can do to test the IAB solenoid on a 2000 Honda prelude?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: heard a vacuum leak, pulled intake off thinking there was a broken vacuum line underneath. found the iab box put a simple little vacuum pump to it and when I put to the solenoid on the lower nipple air just flows right through
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yeap
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. I am Cliff my online handle is Honda-Man, I will be glad to send the IAB control solenoid valve test and the Inspection of IAB Control System. I have also included the IAB system description and intake manifold diagram.
Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If you have any questions after rating feel free to ask!Thank you,~Cliff
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
unfortunately that was not it. appears I cant figure out what this thing is. its suppose to be a solenoid or something on the iab vacuum reservoir with 2 vacuum lines going to this thing with some sort of little itty bitty filter? I its a small little thing attached to this reservoir which is attached to the underneath of the intake
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
never mind got it. so only thing I can is put everything back together and go from there?
Sorry for the delay, sounds like that would be the best thing to do at this point. If you have any questions after the rating is finished just ask! Thank you,~Cliff