Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

D light flashes Abs on Brake light on Traction assist light

Customer Question

D light flashes Abs on Brake light on Traction assist light on
JA: So many factors can cause ABS issues. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanics we work with have tons of experience dealing with them. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's it
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: that would be great
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: Its a rebuild Honda
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Has anything been checked,tested or replaced to try and locate or repair this fault here at all? Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What do u need to know
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Checked
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Nothing replaced
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are u familiar with a problem of this type
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
I am here I apologize for any delay.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are u familiar with this problem on a 2012 Honda accord
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
I am familiar with this issue here.What can cause this issue here is a fault with one of the wheel speed sensors sending an incorrect or no signal at all.I have seen these fail before in the past needing replaced for this issue here.If you have not had the fault codes checked using a scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model this needs done.This will help point out if one or more of these sensors is the issue here needing replaced.The scan tool is also used to monitor the sensor signals to locate any that may be sending an incorrect signal needing replaced.This does need to be done first here having the codes read out then diagnosed and repaired from there.I suspect you may need a wheel speed sensor replaced. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Where is the wheel speed sensor located?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The test i did today they say its the brake module
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
O.k.,I wasnt aware there was testing done. Was there an actual fault code that came up and said brake module at fault?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thats what the guy said. It all started with just the traction light then it went off then the brake and abs light. Then the D light
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
O.k.,if it is the brake module this would be the anti lock brake control unit needing replaced.This is loctaed under hood on the passenger side as shown here.It will need to be programmed by a dealer once it is replaced in order to operate properly in your model here.The cost for replacement can run over $1000 in some cases. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
u saying this can cause all these lights to cone on?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
if this module/ecu has an internal electrical fault it will turn on all of these lights here as it works in conjunction with the traction control and is the ecu/computer for the brake system.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
These things just go bad just like that. Is there a cause?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
The electronics usually fail suddenly like this here causing this fault with it needing replaced.I have seen some last the entire life of the vehicle and some that will fail like yours has just suddenly with no warning.I would have this tested further though to be sure this is the cause here. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do u know any other causes?
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
In some cases a sensor can short out this module but usually it is just the module that fails on its own when this occurs here. Thanks Pete