Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I need to replace the expansion valve in my 2002 Honda crv

Customer Question

JA: How many miles are on the car? Have you noticed any leaks lately?
Customer: 165000 miles - no I have not noticed any leaks, the a/c does not work - we have replaced the compressor and the condenser
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am hoping to fix myself - need instructions on how to access and repair
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda vehicles. Please remember to rate or accept my service while the Q&A is in progress or after we are done. Either way your question will remain open after the rating so you can get all of the advice you came for! If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. It does not cost extra to accept or rate positive it's how the site knows when to compensate me. I have attached the instructions you have asked for. After the evaporator core is out the expansion valve simply unbolts from the evaporator lines. If you are satisfied please leave a rating before you leave the site if not please let me know how I can help. Click HERE for the folder containing the instructions. Thank you,~Cliff
Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If you have any questions after rating feel free to ask!Thank you,~Cliff