Andrew Martin
Andrew Martin,
Experience:  Technician at Wile Hyundai

I have to reset my radio code. I have the code, but it does

Customer Question

I have to reset my radio code. I have the code, but it does not accept the number 6 when I press the button.
JA: Have you seen this code before? Have you tried a hard reset?
Customer: How do you do a hard reset? And yes I have entered this code before and it has worked.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: If possible.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: I drove the car to work yesterday morning and all was fine. I got back in the car after work, the car started but I got the ENTER CODE message. My husband is wondering how that could happen since the battery appeared to have no problems
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Andrew Martin replied 5 months ago.
It sounds to me like the radio is having some internal issues. It should never ask for a code unless it loses power. Also, when the radios go bad sometimes it is manifested by the memory buttons not working so this could explain why when you hit the 6 button it doesn't work. I would try unhooking the battery for a few minutes and playing with the radio buttons while its unhooked. Then hook the battery back up and see if you can enter the code. If you cannot enter the code still it is very likely that the radio will need to be replaced.If my answer has helped you, please help me by rating or accepting my answer. This does not cost you any more, it just allows me to be credited for my work. You can always ask follow up questions after rating or accepting. Thank you.