HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

My engine light is on. my mechanic (who i kind of trust)

Customer Question

Hi, my engine light is on. my mechanic (who i kind of trust) said that the transmission could give out at any moment but wasn't sure when. that was 5 months ago. just recently the engine light went back on about 2 weeks ago but has been driving fine. tonight the D4 started blinking
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: it's a 2002 honda accord
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Honda Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: v6 engine
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: No, i have beeen going to him for a a long time so he knows the car. I trust him well enough i just question his follow through a few times.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  CHRIS ZAPANTIS replied 5 months ago.

Hello Im Chri and I can assist you.

A blinking light definitely means transmissin problems. to see what exactly you have to scan it for a code.

These cars have solenoids on the outside that quite frequently go bad. sometimes it doesnt even affect drivability. If you give me the code I can assist you further.