justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

How can I disable the antitheft device on a 2003 Honda accord JA:

Customer Question

how can I disable the antitheft device on a 2003 Honda accord
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: the car willnot start because the anti theft device will not turn off
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: everything with the key and googoled how to disconnect the device but can not find the cabels the video tells me to disconnect a red and a white cable connected to the fuse box
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: this has happened before but after a wile the car will start this time it will not
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 6 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Please give me a little bit more information as to what is going on. Does the engine crank but not start, or does it do nothing at all? Why do you think the anti-theft system has anything to do with the vehicle not starting?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the car does nothing at all and the antitheft light on the dash is on
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
could it be the key
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the car has electrical power to everything ecxept to start
Which anti-theft light are you referring to?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the red light on the dash that sais antitheft device
This is not the reason your car isn't starting. This system will not prevent the vehicle from starting.
Do you have a test light or multimeter?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no I don't have those tools so if is not the antitheft system could it be the key or what do you think itis
okay. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.The most likely problem is a faulty starter. I service only Honda/Acura vehicles 5 days a week so I know the brand well. If you are sure the battery is fully charged then I believe the starter has failed. If this is a 4 cylinder the starter is tucked under the intake and is hard to access. If this is a V6 the starter is a bit easier to access. If it is a V6 you can try knocking on the starter with moderate force using a solid object while someone holds the key over in the start position. This will sometimes get a few more starts out of it. If you need any more information about this just let me know.You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
where is the starter located and what does it look like thanks
Is this a V6 or 4 cylinder?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
v6 engine
Here you go. Please remember to rate. Thanks!
Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer. If you have any more questions please ask. Thanks!