justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

I have 1995 and my key switch is not working and i cant start

Customer Question

I have 1995 and my key switch is not working and i cant start my car to drive until i unlock the switch with my key
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The car everything else is fine but is need to know how to shut this alarm system down for i can start my car
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have no choice
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  justinsbg replied 6 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.The most common problem when it comes to this issue is a faulty brake light switch. A good indicator that the brake light switch is faulty is the brake lights do not work. Have someone stand behind the vehicle while you press the brake pedal to determine if the brake lights are working. If not, I would first check fuse #30 in the under hood fuse box which is a 20 amp fuse. It should be labeled HORN. If the horn works this fuse is fine. If not, the fuse is probably blown and needs to be replaced. Replacing this blown fuse will repair the shift lock issue as well. If the fuse isn't blown I would replace the brake light switch. If you have any questions about this just let me know and we'll continue.You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!