Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

2012 civic....blower motor was making loud clicking noises,

Customer Question

2012 civic....blower motor was making loud clicking noises, then it quit blowing all together. for a few days, you could "bump" the motor housing, and the blower would work, but even that rudimenrtary soulution has become unsuccessful.
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing as of yet, I have viewed tutorials on the easy removal of the blower motor, I have heard stories of trash collecting from a dirty cabin filter impeding usage...I plan on pulling the motor out this evening to give a good visual of any obvious issues
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: not that I am aware does not have the electronic climate control, its all manual....its a basic econ sedan
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 5 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda vehicles. Please remember to rate or accept my service while the Q&A is in progress or after we are done. Either way your question will remain open after the rating so you can get all of the advice you came for! If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. It does not cost extra to accept or rate positive it's how the site knows when to compensate me. I have included the removal instructions and location image. You obviously know where it is but thought I would include it just in case. Your suspicions are correct about the motor failing. It's a classic symptom for pounding on it to temporarily work. My guess is there is nothing inside the fan, it's just failed. It would be worth looking since it's so easy to remove but I would plan on replacing it. Click HERE for parts information. Thank you,~Cliff
Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If you have any questions after rating feel free to ask!Thank you,~Cliff