Steve
Steve, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  13+ years with Honda,ase certified over 25 years
13523613

I have a 2013 Honda crosstour and bought the 2016 honda navigation

Customer Question

I have a 2013 Honda crosstour and bought the 2016 honda navigation system brown dvd update and am not able to get the 5 digit security code and therefore cannot do the update
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: It was apparently on the packing slip for the DVD but i did not know to keep that and threw it out
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I can give you my VIN
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: 5J6TF2H59DL003663
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
if pressing and holding the power button for about 5 seconds does not get the system to turn on, try this to get me the serial number:- Press and hold the MENU, MAP/GUIDE, andCANCEL buttons at the same time.- At the Select Diagnosis Items screen, selectDetail Information & Settings, select UnitCheck, then ECU INFO. The system runs a briefdiagnostic, then the navigation unit serial numberis displayed at the bottom of the screen. Once I have the serial number I should be able to get the code for you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for the reply but I don't have all the buttons you mentioned. Under the touchscreen display, there is a row with Nav, Phone, Info, and Audio. The next row has Back, a circular knob that has Enter on the front, and then the last button in the row says Menu. The last row is a night/day mode button and then a Settings button. Above the display there's an audio power button, the cd slot, and the eject cd button. What key combo should I use? Thanks in advance.
Linnea
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
let me look a little further. Sorry for the wrong information. Did you try holding the power button for 5 seconds or more?This should be the correct information you need for the serial number:\Press and hold the MENU, NAVI, and BACKbuttons at the same time.- At the Select Diagnosis Items screen, selectDetail Information & Settings, then selectUnit Check, then ECU Info. The system runsa brief diagnostic, then the unit serial numberis displayed at the bottom of the screen.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes I have tried the holding down power button method several times but have had no luck. Thanks for the revised directions. I will try this out when I get out of work later today and report back if it worked. Fingers are crossed. Thanks again!
Linnea
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
I will check later for your relpy.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Got it!It's DDZ20005073AE.Can you work your magic with my VIN (5J6TF2H59DL003663) to get the audio code so I can finally install this navigation update?Thanks so much! You're a miracle worker. : )Linnea
Expert:  Steve replied 6 months ago.
The number you need should be 11413Good luck with the update and do not forget to accept and leave some positive feedback.