Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.

I have a 2005 Pilot and my fuse radio keeps blowing. I have

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Pilot and my fuse for the radio keeps blowing. I have the stock radio and nothing changed. Every time I put a new one it pops immediately. The #9 fuse wasn't popped. I disconnected the battery and put a new one and it pops when I hook the battery. I checked every fuse and looks fine. Just this 20a fuse blows.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 5 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. Please remember to rate or accept my service while the question is in progress or after we are done. Either way your question will remain open after the rating so you can still get all of the help you need! If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. Do you have rear entertainment? The fuse is for the audio unit, DVD player, and rear screen if equipped. Do you have small children or recently purchased your Pilot? I ask about children because I find change inside of the radio unit all of the time. They seem to like to put the change through the CD or DVD slot which grounds out inside and blows the 20 amp fuse. Thanks,~Cliff
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I do not have rear entertainment.I've had this pilot for about 8 months now without issue till now. I had the power steering hose changed this week but I don't see how that would affect the fuse and radio.
The power steering repair should not be the cause. Without rear entertainment it will be easier to find. Most likely it's the radio itself, coin inside maybe or just a bad unit. I do see some fail from time to time blowing the fuse. To know for sure the radio will need to be removed and the connector unplugged. Then you can see if the fuse still blows. Be a good time to also give it a shake for loose change.Do you want the radio removal instructions?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I still don't think it would be a coin in the radio. It was working fine yesterday till it just stopped working.
Thought you would so I was getting it ready! Remember the radio code will need to be entered after it's disconnected. I don't have access to the codes so it will be a dealer item unless you have a code card or the sticker in the glove box. On the coin possibility, I have seen them bounce around causing intermittent fuse blowing. Might have been in there sliding around? If you have any questions along the way just ask. Please kindly rate or accept, I will still help after the rating. Thanks,~Cliff
Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If you have any questions after rating feel free to ask!Thank you,~Cliff