HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level

2098 honda accord wont start or hunp iff JA: Sometimes things

Customer Question

2098 honda accord wont start or hunp iff
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: After several jump offs over the last week the car wlll not start or turn over now. Would thia be a starter, battery, neutral switch or a key problem?
JA: Figuring out why a car won't start can be a challenge - it could be a simple repair, or something a bit more complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible, if not I'll use a shop
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: No, this is the 1st priblwm thua far. 08 Accord, V6 120,000 miles. Tuns great. Out of warranty
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  ironmike replied 5 months ago.
greetings, is the battery the original battery? do you have a multi meter to check battery voltage?
Expert:  ironmike replied 5 months ago.
most batteries last less than 7 years max. Lets make sure the battery is good first. Then if you have a test light we can check the starter if the battery is good.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The battery is a replacement battery purchased 1 yr ago, however it can not be jumped off. It' s still under warranty
Expert:  ironmike replied 5 months ago.
If the charging system or alternator is not working it can cause the battery to be low on charge or even dead. Lets start by making sure the battery is fully charged. If the battery is good we need to check the starter, a test light or multi meter will work. we need to make sure the starter is getting 12 volts to the large terminal and when cranking 12 volts at the smaller terminal.
Expert:  ironmike replied 5 months ago.
Jumping will not affect the battery or vehicle if done correctly.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
They took the car to the shop without my knowledge. Just got a call from my daughter, Mechanic says it the starter.