Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

I have a 2000 Accord EX, 6 cyl. Replacing rear wheel bearings.

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Accord EX, 6 cyl. Replacing rear wheel bearings. How tight should I torque the spindle nut??
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I just need the torque setting for the rear wheel bearings
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: the new bearing is on, just looking for the torque to complete the first side
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: 2000 accord EX, 6 cyl.... 5 lug nuts
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 6 months ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. Please remember to rate or accept my service while the question is in progress or after we are done. Either way your question will remain open after the rating so you can still get all of the help you need! If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. The rear wheel bearing hub nut torque is 139 Ft pounds. I have attached the repair manual diagram. Thank you,~Cliff