Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

JA: . What seems to be the problem? Customer:

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: i lost my only key for my Honda
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I am trying to get another key
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yeah because in Africa, we dont have dealers who can help..If i get the code through my VIN that will be a bonus
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing
JA: Let's get those codes to the mechanic so you two can figure this issue out ASAP. Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: no just the codes
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Unfortunately usually the keys have to be obtained from a dealer for this here.In some cases you can contact the nearest dealer (even if out of your country) to see if they can sell and ship you the correctly coded key for your model as I have seen done before.They usually require pre payment up front for this.If you have already tried this let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the car is a used one, I am the fourth owner..Dont really know how to proceed
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
You might check with this place here as they should be able to help with ordering a key for your model here. http://honda-locksmith.com/order-honda-keys.htm Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete