Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Honda Civic ex: I have a 1998 civic ex automatic vtec. The

Customer Question

I have a 1998 civic ex automatic vtec. The head blew on it. I put a d16z6 head on it but my y8 distributor doesn't bolt up. I know what distributor I need but the plugs don't match because the d16z6 was odb1 and the d16y8 is odb2. What do I need to do to get this thing running again. Everything else bolted up perfectly except the dist.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. From what I can tell what needs to be done here is to have the correct cylinder head installed onto your engine.Once this is done all of the original correct components will then bolt up and operate properly.I havent done a retro fit of this other cylinder head to your engine here and made it work myself and do not see a procedure on how this is done as well here.The only thing I see is to have the correct cylinder head installed. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete