Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I HAVE A 2005 HONDA VAN THE REAR ROLLER BROKE AND THE LEFT

Customer Question

I HAVE A 2005 HONDA VAN THE REAR ROLLER BROKE AND THE LEFT DOOR MOTOR CABLES WERE FRAYED I REPLACED BOTH ADJUSTED AND GREASED EVERYTHING , DID THE RESET AND DOOR WORKS MOST OF THE TIME WITH THE OUTSIDE HANDLE BUT NOT VERY OFTEN ON INSIDE SWITCH.NOTICED THE FRONT CABLE IS A LOT LOOSER AND ACTUALLY COMES OUT OF THE TRACK WHEN CLOSING . DON'T SEE ANY ADJUSTMENTS
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I THINK WHAT I SENT YOU ALREADY PRETTY WELL SUMS IT UP
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES IF POSSIBLE WE ARE A REPAIR SHOP
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: REPLACE DOOR MOTOR ASSY , REAR ROLLER, LUBED AND ADJUSTED DOOR
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: NO I DON'T SEE ANYTHING
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Inspect for any other damaged rollers or components on the door or body side for the door that may be causing slack or issues with the door opening and closing properly.I have seen issues with other damaged components that can cause an issue like this here needing repaired or replaced.If this is or was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I ORDERED THE OTHER TWO ROLLERS AND AM WAITING FOR THEM TO SEE IF THAT TAKES CARE OF IT WILL LET YOU KNOW THANKS MARK
Expert:  Pete replied 8 months ago.
Sounds good.