HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

2000 honda accord main relay starts clicking and engine cuts

Customer Question

2000 honda accord main relay starts clicking and engine cuts off sometimes turn key on and main relay clicking and drive indicate says car is in drive even though it was in park
JA: Many things can cause a car to make those weird sounds. Some simple, some complicated. Fortunately, the mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: That's really all I know
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried locking and unlock doors to see if was security sometimes seem to work but maybe not
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Honda Mechanic should know about your Honda?
Customer: Put new battery in when this happens their is no spark
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 6 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. Does this clicking from the main relay occur while you are driving the vehicle?