Honda-Man
Honda-Man, Honda Mechanic
Experience:  I have an Associates Degree in Automotive. 10 Years experience on all makes and models. 20 Years Honda only including factory training. Over 30 years total.
75670266

Pilot: My front right headlight cover on my 2011 Pilot got

Customer Question

My front right headlight cover on my 2011 Pilot got smashed by a detour sign. All of the bulbs inside are fine and still light up. My Honda dealer told me I need to buy a complete new headlight kit (almost $400) because just the plastic lens cover cannot be replaced. Do you know if this is correct? It seems crazy to have to spend that much just for a broken plastic cover. Thank you!!
Category: Honda
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** online handle is Honda-Man. I have over 31 years experience repairing Honda and Acura vehicles. Please remember to rate or accept my service while the question is in progress or after we are done. Either way your question will remain open after the rating so you can still get all of the help you need! If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. Unfortunately the dealer is correct about the headlight lens. It's glued together to keep moisture out and make manufacture easier. Their estimate is also very close because the lens assembly is approx $345 without labor. I have included a diagram with the headlight lens so you can see it comes as an assembly. Thank you,~Cliff
Expert:  Honda-Man replied 1 year ago.
Just a friendly reminder to rate or accept my service. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required. If you have any questions after rating feel free to ask!Thank you,~Cliff