HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

1998 CIVIC 1.8 THROWS A CODE P1106 JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question

1998 CIVIC 1.8 THROWS A CODE P1106
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: WHILE DRIVING RPMS WONT DROP BELOW 3,000 UNLESS I COME TO A COMPLETE STOP. THEN IT WILL IDLE NORMAL. CHECK ENGINE LIGHT ON. CODE P1106
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: YES
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: TRIED REPLACING THE MAP SENSOR. NO DIFFERENCE
JA: Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  HondaPlatinum replied 7 months ago.
DTC P1106 is for the BARO sensor. First make sure that the throtle is not sticking and has free movement. If not you may have to clean it. DTC P1106: Range/Performance Problem in BARO Sensor CircuitDo the ECM/PCM Reset Procedure.Start the engine. Hold the engine at 3,000 rpm with no load (in Park or neutral) until the radiator fan comes on, then let it idle.Test-drive with the A/T in 2nd position, M/T in 4th gear.Accelerate for five seconds using wide open throttle.Check the Temporary DTC with the scan tool. Is Temporary DTC P1106 indicated? YES-Substitute a known-good ECM/PCM and recheck . If the symptom/indication goes away, replace the original ECM/PCM. NO-Intermittent failure, system is OK at this time. There are alot of issues with these ECM's shorting out and causing this issue.Hoped this helped.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Im here if you need any further assistance.