justinsbg
justinsbg, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE certified in Brakes, Electrical, HVAC, and Engine Performance. Currently a lead diagnostic Technician.
27674784

Odyssey: 2005 Honda Odyssey. New battery. Good fuel and starter

Customer Question

2005 Honda Odyssey. New battery. Good fuel and starter turns. Will not start. What should I look for?
Category: Honda
Expert:  justinsbg replied 10 months ago.
Hi,My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help. I'd like to ask a few questions. Is the engine spinning over strong and fast while trying to start the engine?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yes
Is the check engine light on?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
we just put a new battery and it started right up, but now won't start again. It has been sitting for 8 months. The yellow engine is lit is when you turn the key on.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
yellow engine started blinking and then went off
Well if the engine is spinning over strong and fast that pretty much rules out a battery or starter problem
How many miles are on this vehicle? Also, when was the timing belt replaced?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
225,000 but has had all service done at dealer service per maintenance schedule. It is due for the 200K tune up
Reminder, I have not been paid at this point and won't be until I receive a positive rating from you. At that point I will receive a portion of what you've already paid Just Answer.I would get some starting fluid and spray it into the intake boot while someone is cranking the engine. If the vehicle starts you will know that it's an issue with the fuel system and we can diagnose accordingly. Let me know how that goes.You can go ahead and rate me positively. Don't worry, there aren't additional charges for posting to this thread after you rate so we can keep chatting. Thanks!
any news here?