HondaPlatinum
HondaPlatinum, A Technician
Experience:  13 year honda platinum level
3827149

I just replaced the head gasket on a 1996 Honda. I thought

Customer Question

I just replaced the head gasket on a 1996 Honda. I thought I had every thing lined up.(timing marks) but it will not start. why.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Honda. The Honda Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: changed the head gasket on a 1996 Honda accord 2.2 4 cyl. new timing belts. thought I had it timed right. but it will not start.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes. I took it all apart and put it back together myself. I have mechanic all my life. can usaualy figure things out.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Honda Mechanic should be aware of about your Honda?
Customer: I just need to make sure I timed it right. send me directions on how to time it.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Honda Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Honda
Expert:  Amedee replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. The engine cranks over but does not start? Have you checked for spark fuel and compression?